Nov 1, 2015
The NIST Advanced Manufacturing Technology Consortia (AMTech) Program is supporting the development of an industry-wide technology roadmap for remanufacturing development. The project is being undertaken by Golisano Institute for Sustainability at RIT, in partnership with RIC, and will involve the 12 major U.S. remanufacturing sectors. The goal is to identify cross-cutting challenges facing the industry over the next 20 years and deliver a roadmap with a prioritized action plan for overcoming those challenges.
The timeline for the project is:
- June 2015 – project kick-off;
- June 2015 through February 2016 – form consortium, steering committee, and planning working group; recruit participants;
- November 2015 through September 2016 – complete situational analysis and reman research literature review; develop online survey; conduct on-site assessments; develop a report outlining the state of remanufacturing technology, industry-wide challenges, and barriers to growth;
- October 2016 – conduct intensive two-day roadmap development workshop with key industry experts;
- May 2017 – complete industry-wide rollout of roadmap results.
To date, a consortium steering committee has been formed, project beta website developed, and a situational analysis initiated.